Common Problems with Books in Your Home Library: Issues With Their Cleaning
Books need to be treated with special attention if you want to prolong their lives, so do not be too rude with them when you dust them – each one of
their kind has a personality interesting enough to be preserved for the generations to come. If you are afraid that you will damage them you better hire some cleaning Canning Town representatives to wipe the books professionally within an hour.Having in mind that there are too many different types of books the methods for cleaning them should also vary a lot. Here is a list of the most common problems that occur with books that you have collected for ages in your home library.
– Fabric covered books with oily stains on them – need to be washed properly without damaging the paper pages
– Books damaged by water – need to be cleaned from the mold and sanitized
– Books damaged by smoke of fire – the smoked effect from the internal pages has to be removed
– Edges of old books looking dirty because of the countless fingerprints put on them while the reader was turning the pages – Need to be whitened again.
– Insects that have found their new home in your books – the paper needs to be exposed to direct sun light so that any remains of pests can
– Cobwebs that need to be removed – this is usually a minor issue as they are often stuck only on the book cover and not the internal part. Cleaning Canonbury recommend a lot of book cleaning methods but in order to get them you should request a free advice online. When you do that ask about some special techniques like page bleaching and mold removing that you cannot discover by yourself and if you still feel uncertain, print the list with the tips they have e-mailed you and follow them strictly.